Tuesday, October 5, 2021

The New Normal, I guess?

The Year that Was blew massive holes in my logic that I just needed more downtime so that I'd have a blog that was full of content! With thoughtful pictures and videos! and insights into topics that I had up my sleeve!

But I felt weird and small posting about baking and sewing and crafting when people were out there fighting for their own lives and those of others. Then fighting for their rights and others'. Then celebrating the wins and toughing out the losses in both of those fights and the other ones, big and little, that we never seem to really win -- or lose -- with finality.

So it wasn't just downtime that I needed, but perspective on what I could do with this blog, because in that year so many other blogs mushroomed up and suddenly everyone was an expert clothing and bag sewist, sourdough parent, intrepid kitchen gardener, etc., etc., etc.

After a time, I went back to work -- here and there, building skills, opening up new knowledge and generally being out of the house after a frenzy of unblogged -- but still documented-on-social-media -- mask-making, bread-baking, gluten-free/allergy-friendly learning, windowsill herb-growing, drafting and sewing clothes and bags, PVC-pipe creations and other crafting rabbit-holes. 

Which brings us to today, the 10th month of the year after The Year. Poor neglected blog, to which my last post was late 2019. We're not going back to what we were before, because before is what got us into the mess. Instead, the mission is not so much "back" to normal as "forward" to a new one. 

So what do I have for you? So much and yet so little. 

Have some pictures!!!
Asian desserts
gluten-free Asian desserts spread
s'more mini doughnuts
steampunk mini hat
gluten-free sugar cookies
gluten-free quinoa loaves
beet bread
Rosti poutine
mini bites -- hazelnut brownie, raspberry pate de fruit, lemon madeleine, mini plum cheesecake, fruit tart, oatmeal cookie
kawaii macaron
cheddar bacon biscuits
6- vegetable braid -- carrot, tomato, beet, spinach, purple potato, potato

AC bucket hat
vertical messenger bag

Drop me a line on what you want to see, hmm? Don't know what to post so just going to throw these pix up and see what sticks.




No comments:

Post a Comment